Thursday, August 14, 2008

Butchered!

I butchered my doggies!

Jake and Dynamite's fur had gotten SO matted, that I couldn't stand it anymore. I kept thinking I would get them to the groomer, but really, I am saving for a haircut for me first! It didn't look like I would be able to get them groomed anytime soon, so I tried to brush out the mats...they HATED that. Finally, I gave up and started trimming the matted fur while I petted them. They didn't care much for it, but it was better than the brushing!

So, once I got most of the matted fur, they looked rediculous! They had long hair on top, no hair on their bellies, and then bald spots on the side where large matted fur used to reside! Then, I got the bright idea to just go ahead and trim the rest of the fur to make it look a little better...maybe. So, I have never cut doggie fur, or even human hair for that matter, and here I was grooming my dogs! I was able to keep Dynamite's a little longer, but Jake had so much matted fur that I had to trim all his down to a short coat!


They look a little silly, but given my experience...I think they look pretty good! :)

1 comment:

Lauren Snodgrass said...

Aww...I think they look precious!! What cute puppies! You'll have to open a dog grooming business! :)