
So, 5 years ago I was done! I had no desire to lifeguard again. I let my certification expire and didn't even look into renewing it. I was becoming an adult and was ready to give up the lifeguarding gig...until now.
On the 4th of July we went to the Youth Pastor's house to watch the fireworks at the country club and he mentioned that we needed to find a lifeguard for camp this year. Jeremiah told him that I used to be a lifeguard and one thing led to another and by Monday morning, I was enrolled in a class.
So during the past week and a half, I have spent several evenings with a bunch of 15-17 year olds! I was definately the oldest member of the class by at least 10 years! At least the instructor was older than me - it would have been strange if he was younger!
The first class left me wondering what was in store for the rest of the course. There were 7 of us in the class and 2 of us knew how to swim. The others could get around in the pool, but it wasn't pretty! We spent the entire first class (5 hours) swimming and learning our strokes. I even ended up teaching a couple of them for about 30 minutes! The rest of the course was much better - we didn't have swimming lessons all week!
I enjoyed the class and even made some friends. One girl, Tessica, and I went to Quick Trip during a break each night. The rest of us joked around and had fun. I am glad I went and now I am certified to lifeguard at camp for the next 3 years! Woo Hoo!
1 comment:
Hi NAGEM!! Congrats on getting back into the lifeguard gig! It sounds like it's turning out to be a lot of fun!
Post a Comment