Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What A Weekend

Labor Day Weekend was great. My parents came to visit on Friday and Saturday. My dad had some work to do in Kansas City, so they went there and visited my brother, Kendal, for a few days, stopped in to see my grandparents near Wichita, KS for a few days, then came south to Tulsa to see us before heading back to Kentucky. We didn't really do much while they were here, but we played games, ate food, visited, and showed them our plans for the new house. I am glad they got to come.

On Sunday, we had a Lock-In scheduled for the youth at church. It started at 6:00 PM with a swimming party/cookout at the pastor's house. I was the designated lifeguard. I have a funny feeling that I really got myself into something when I agreed to get certified for camp! :)

After swimming, we headed back to the church for some basketball, sand volleyball, and ping-pong tournaments. Durning this time another volunteer, Janet, and I were putting together the scavenger hunt. We had 10 teams, 12 clues leading to different places on the church campus (each team would get 10 of them), and we wanted each team to be going to a different location and no two teams ending up at the same place at the same time. It really took some organization. AND we started this around midnight! SO, around 3AM we had all the clues in place and were ready to start...so we thought! After everything seemed to go so smoothly, I realized that we put all the clues in the wrong spot! We ended up going back out, picking up all the clues, re-organizing them, and putting them in place...again! At 5AM we were finally done and ready to start the hunt! When it was over, it was time for breakfast and then we went home. It was alot of fun, but I didn't get to hang out with the kids much! :(

On Labor Day, Jeremiah and I SLEPT ALL DAY!!!

No comments: